E-waste is becoming a major issue as it is affecting our environment. Recycling of the electric tools seems to be the only solution. Presently according to research e waste is increasing abundantly.
The reasons behind the increase in such electronic waste:
- People buy inferior quality computers – To save money people buy computers of non-reliable companies.
- Every few days new models of computers are launched in the market. The models lure people to buy them while disposing the old ones. Moreover, there is unavailability of old model computer parts, thus it becomes impossible to repair the unit.
- People get bored easily while using the same computer. They want to buy the next model designed with more functional apps.
Recycling seems to be the only positive happening solution to reuse the discarded computers. Recycling of any electronic devices means a process involved in complete destruction of the device to minimizing them to raw materials. Normally individuals needing to dispose the old used or non-functional computer sell it to buyers of used electronic devices or put in garbage disposal bin. Even a few individuals prefer to keep it at home or office, however not utilizing the electronic devices.
There are great benefits in recycling the used computers.
Few prominent benefits:
- The materials used to make the device can be used again. Some materials have limited sources of supply, recycling will help in getting back the raw materials to build a new computer.
- Presently in every house and offices storage place is less. Keeping the unusable computers and its accessories for long span in storage space isn’t a wise idea, putting them for recycling will be the best option.
- When computers are disintegrated, it emits peculiar compounds which aren’t environment friendly. Dioxins, polychlorinated biphenyls, cadmium, chromium, mercury and radioactive isotopes.
There are many ways to recycle the computer and its parts.
Noting few methods normally applied by computer users:
- Sell them where they buy used electronic devices: Such shops do the required repairing work, to make the computer function like new units. People who prefer to buy computer at less price get benefited.
- Recycling centers buy the computers and its parts from the seller to be sent in recycling factories where the broken or waste computer basic materials can be used again to make new ones.
- Exchanging the product helps the buyer to get new unit of computer at less price and the old one is further proceeded to be disposed.
Computer recycling helps its users follow easy disposal methodology and saves environment.